Friday, October 2, 2009

One of those days...

One of my favorite books of all time is "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." I'm having one of those days. It started at 5:00 this morning when my car wouldn't start. I woke up my not so chipper husband to take me to work. He was a little grumpy when he returned home and was able to easily jump my car and thought I just forgot to flip off my car light. Right? Wrong.
Our lovely office manager at 91.5 WCIC (love ya, Katie!) drove me home to retrieve my car and it wouldn't start again! So she graciously drove me to my doctor's appointment. I endured a painful and expensive procedure with inconclusive results. Great. When that was over, I called my husband to pick me up from the doctor's office and take me to get the car fixed.
At this point Jeff was very apologetic for being in a bad mood and was incredibly sweet. The highlight of my day? Getting a hug from my husband. Another low point of my day? Taking my '96 Camry to the mechanic who's so sick of my car problems, he doesn't even want to fix them. He advised that I buy a new car. It's gonna cost several hundred dollars to fix everything that's wrong. Is it worth it? Well, I don't have a lot of leisure time to make this decision.
I was actually planning on driving to Chicago to see my parents one last time before they leave for Hawaii. Now that's out of the question.
So I figured I should get started on those cupcakes I promised to make for a wedding tomorrow! Jeff & I rushed to the store to purchase baking supplies so I could get started on the treats. However, when I stepped foot in the kitchen, a puddle spanning half the kitchen floor pooled around my heels. Ugh...the refrigerator is broken, too!
So as I type this, I'm sopping wet from kitchen clean-up. When will this day end??? I broke down and cried for a few minutes.
I think I'll put everything aside for now, take a deep breath, and PPRRAAAAAYYYYY super hard for the Lord to give me patience and trust that even though my life is messy at the moment, He will see me through and someday everything will make sense. What I really want to do is throw my dishes at the door to vent frustration...but that'll just lead to more clean-up!

No comments: