Sunday, October 18, 2009

What's a Wife to Do?

I spoke with a newlywed recently and we commiserated on one thing: What do you do when you and your husband have different standards of cleanliness? Case in point: Here's a snapshot of my husband's side of the room. Not a stitch of carpet in sight. Just heaps of dirty clothes...shirts spilling out of dresser drawers...I didn't touch a thing all week to see if it'd bother him. Nope. Fat chance of that! Normally I clean up after him here and there. Well, it just got to a point where I'm going crazy! I have to sleep in the room, too! Now here's the thing: I'm not the Queen of Clean. I'm super disorganized and I can be sloppy. But I've never seen ANYTHING like this. And we can't seem to reach a compromise on cleanliness standards. He embraces the mess. I'm embarrassed by it. 
So what do you do?

No comments: