Saturday, October 3, 2009

Where the wild things are...


Jeff & I got a little frisky at the zoo tonight! Our spirits were high as we toasted Mr. & Mrs. Radovanovic as they began their new life together. The zoo's a perfect place for a wedding celebration...How fun to traipse around wild animals in dressy clothes! Despite the rain, the kids had a blast playing hide-and-seek throughout the zoo since it was closed to the public. I especially enjoyed watching the giraffes past moonlight, munching on dinner in their cages. What gorgeous creatures...(Hey, speaking of gorgeous, is my husband cute or what?!).

When the DJ called all the single ladies to the dance floor for the bride to toss her bouquet, some locked themselves in the bathroom and others hid in the back...but Delaney and her friend were front and center--and actually caught the bouquet! It was pretty funny.
But my FAVORITE part of the evening was connecting with the bride's stepmom, Jill. Out of the blue, the Lord blessed me with a soul sister. We shared a heart to heart from one stepmom to another. Finally--a woman who truly understands my journey! I cried tears of relief after our conversation...our journeys have been strikingly similar...and she shared such pearls of wisdom, I'm spending the rest of the evening pouring all she shared into my diary.
Thank you, Jesus, for turning my no good, very bad Friday into a so good, very great Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crystal sent me this link, and I just about started crying when I got to that line about finding your 'soul sister' because I was telling Jay that I felt the same way!!!! I just can't wait to come back up there and see you. I feel so blessed to know you! Okay, going to cry again - you know how I am! - Jill