Saturday, October 3, 2009

Going to the chapel...

...and going on Safari! My small group is in a baking frenzy this weekend to make dessert for our small group leader's wedding. Instead of having a single ginormous wedding cake, they asked friends to contribute their own unique wedding cake creations. According to the groom, it's a southern tradition...And I have the most fun job of creating cupcakes for the kids! Since the reception's at the zoo, I topped the cupcakes with safari animals!
It's really relaxing for me to be in the zone of baking. I woke up early this morning, spent some time with the Lord...and then cranked up some music so that I could forget about my worries and just blast that icing away. I love being creative with fun food! BTW, I made some coffee this morning, forgetting I'm out of creamer and my fridge isn't working well anyway...so I threw in a dollop of icing. Not bad! Try it sometime!

No comments: