Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sew Fun

I asked Delaney to sew a button back onto my pants and she looked at me like I was kidding! "You're serious?" she asked. "You really can't sew?" Yes. Totally serious. This week my mother-in-law took the kids on a little field trip to choose some fabric to sew their own pillowcases! They were so thrilled. My goodness...if my 10-year-old stepdaughter and 7-year-old stepson can operate a sewing machine (with some help from their Grammie), I'm in trouble! I'm thinking of taking a sewing class this winter...I can add sewing to the list of many basic things I can't do--ride a bike, whistle, balance a checkbook! When will I find time to learn it all?
BTW, I apologize for being delinquent on blogging...my schedule wore me out and the dreary weather's wearing me down! Ugh...why is it winter in October?

No comments: