Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dinnertime!

Making meals has become a family affair.
Between work and dealing with some personal stuff, I've been way too tired to keep up with cooking and cleaning around the house. I think Jeff got the hint tonight that he should make dinner when he found me fast asleep when he came home from work. He scrambled up some bacon and french toast tonight. The kids said it was the best dinner ever.
Meanwhile, I've been dying to make pork dumplings ever since our dear family friend, Paul, gave me a lesson in making them from scratch this weekend. It's really delish but terribly time consuming. (Email me if you want the recipe). Jeff just loves 'em...my goal was to make a hundred to freeze so that we have dinner handy in case we get snowed in this winter! I hesitated to let Max help because it gets kind of tricky but Jeff insisted he's capable and he was actually a wonderful helper once he got the hang of it.
With such capable guys in my family, I'm kicking myself for not delegating chores like cooking sooner!

No comments: