Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wild Things

I chose pizza & soda for Max's sleepover dinner. Jeff chose salad. He wins hands-down for "Dad of the Year." Is it just me or is it seriously attractive when a guy demonstrates superior parenting skills? As I type this, Jeff's playing a game with the boys.
He insisted that we allow Max's friends to spend the night because Delaney has at least one sleepover a month and he's had...well, none! Honestly, it never occurred to me that boys would enjoy sleepovers! My brother never had any.
So far, so good. Only one friend could make it tonight (thanks to the flu just about every kid is down for the count) so the noise level is tolerable. We took the kids to see "Where the Wild Things Are." Their reviews were mixed. Boring and sad was the consensus. I thought the first and last 30 minutes of the film was brilliant...and an accurate portrayal of a childhood colored by loneliness and confusion. Kudos to Spike Jones for directing a children's movie about the reality of childhood.
Alrightee...now back to my reality. Chocolate-chip cookies, anyone?

No comments: