Saturday, August 1, 2009

Daytrippin' to St. Louis


The kids are back from camp, so Jeff & I celebrated their return with a day trip to St. Louis. Our first stop? The Magic House! It's hands-down, slam-dunk the best children's museum I've ever been to. It offers kids almost hyper-stimulation--they can construct a firehouse, climb a three-story beanstalk, try out the president's desk, analyze codes and fingerprints...

It was fun to see Max sitting on the judge's bench...The Star-Spangled Center is like a mini White House for kids. The kids were running around so much, at one point Jeff & I split up and I took Delaney while he followed Max around.

Laney loved the "Kids TV" center, which allows kids to sit at a fake anchor desk and read a newscast...and be televised! It was especially fun for me to experience that with her since I worked in television. If Laney got into broadcasting, I'd get such a kick out of that!

We ended the day on a high note by touring the St. Louis Zoo. I LOVE this zoo...especially because it's free! And the wide array of animals is really impressive. My favorite exhibit houses the puffins and penguins. I could watch them dive all day. Again, it was fun to see the kids "Oooooo" and "Aahhhh" over the animals...the pythons, komodo dragons, giraffes, and sea lions. They've never been to the St. Louis zoo before so it's always neat to experience a first time with them.
I've got to hit the hay now with my husband because after six hours of walking and five hours of riding in the car I feel like a worn out dish rag. I'll post all 70 of my photos to my Facebook page. G-night!

No comments: