Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bedtime with the Bible

Every once in a while I'll look at Jeff and wonder, "How on earth did I get such a great guy?" Don't get me wrong--no one could send me to the loony bin faster than my husband. And it's safe to say I drive him equally nuts! But he's just so darn sweet. And such a good daddy. Every night before the kids go to bed--it doesn't matter if it's a weekend or school night--he sits them down to read Bible stories and say their prayers.
Of course, last night when Jeff announced to the kids, "Since we're going on vacation you won't be getting bedtime devotionals for a while," they shouted, "YAY!" But I really think the seeds Jeff is planting in their hearts night after night with his ritual of sharing Bible stories with them and talking to the Lord together will pay off hugely in their adult lives.

No comments: