Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School


Today was the first day of school for Max & Delaney. Aren't they cute in their new outfits? (Thanks to my mother-in-law for taking them back-to-school shopping).
Delaney couldn't understand why I couldn't leave the morning show early and send them off to school. Well, their father did a fabulous job as always in making sure they had everything together for their first day of school.
I find it hilarious that Max will have the same second grade teacher that Jeff had about 30 years ago. I believe it's Mrs. Seaton. Max was like, "How can she still be alive if she taught you?!" I was scratching my head on that one, too.

This is a picture taken last year at the start of school. My how time flies. I forget how fast the kids are growing until I compare their pictures from years past. Gosh, they seemed so tiny then. I'm proud that they're growing up to be interesting, kind-hearted and intelligent people who are fun to be around. It's kind of sad to say goodbye to summer and hello to another season of life...But it's all about embracing change and looking forward to the future.

No comments: