Sunday, August 9, 2009

Here Comes the Bride...


Last night, Jeff & I had the pleasure of watching our friends, Bryson and Danell, get hitched! For those of you who listened during the morning show on Friday I bemoaned whether to wear an oh-so-cute white dress to the party...so I'm posting a picture of myself here to show that I wore the exact opposite color--black!--so as not to detract from the bride...Not that I could've because she was so beautiful...Danell looked like a princess who stepped out of her castle in time for her big day!

You know, I'm not much of a wedding person myself, which puzzles my husband. I'm a romantic, I enjoy interacting with people, I love my friends and family...But the idea of orchestrating a huge production that's hugely expensive and only lasts a few hours but causes months of stress doesn't appeal to me! That being said, I still appreciate a beautiful wedding and this was one of them...

In fact, I learned a few things: #1. The Electric Slide. When did this dance come about? I need to brush up on my moves in time for another wedding we're attending in October. #2. The Toilet Paper Roll Contest. The bride and groom each had to unravel a toilet paper roll and whoever did it the fastest wore the pants in the family. Did I hear the bride won? :) Max collected the TP. #3. The Dollar Dance. What a great way to make some extra cash! Maybe Jeff and I will throw a party sometime and line up folks to dance with us for a dollar. Jeff gave Delaney a dollar to dance with Bryson. It was pretty cute. Didn't whip out my camera in time for that one, though!

And finally, I'm reminded yet again how darling my husband is and I wish he'd get into fashion. A couple of church friends teased me that I should hit on the cute guy in the tux. During wedding ceremony, our pastor reminded me that I need to "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ" (from 1 Peter) and give unmerited favor in a marriage that will grow by the grace of God. He challenged us that our greatest acts of grace will be words like "I love you"..."I'm sorry"..."Please forgive me"...wise words from a veteran to newlyweds whose love we pray stands the test of time.
Congratulations, Bryson and Danell!

No comments: