Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bella Notte


We're off to a VERY LATE start this morning! We were out late last night at the Campo de Fiorni, a mecca for restaurateurs. Naturally, I forgot that Italians like to eat very late. We tried to grab a table at a place called the "Cul de Sac" at 9 o'clock, but it was booked. We walked an hour to find a decent place that'd serve us. So we ended up eating dinner past 10pm and by the time we dragged into bed, we were so wound up from walking and sight-seeing, it took several hours for us to fall fast asleep. We're eating a lot here but walking everything off...Jeff took this picture during our nightly stroll. I have no idea if it's of any significance but I just found it breathtaking. I find myself sucking in my breath ooohhing and aaaahhhing over every structure we pass.

We eat gelato every day for a snack. It's cheap and very tasty. Why don't we have more gelato places in the states? It's creamier than ice cream and has a lot less fat! You'd think we'd catch onto that...maybe we should start a business when we return home! I had to laugh when I took this photo because Jeff's expression reminds me so much of Delaney when she smiles. We're missing the kids but it's so nice to get away for a romantic vacation! If only we could force our body clocks to cooperate with this new time zone!

No comments: