Monday, August 10, 2009

Cookie Monster


After a rough start to the week, I needed a scoop of heaven to rev up my engine. Since we had Max all to ourselves tonight (with Delaney at a friend's house for a sleepover), it was a great excuse to do something special with him. Jeff voted in favor of taking the family to Cheddar's for a "Cookie Monster" dessert. If you've never had one, you've gotta try it! A made-to-order chocolate chip cookie skillet with scoops of french vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whip cream. Yum!
Chedder's has sentimental significance for me. The first time I laid eyes on Jeff interacting with his kids was when I peeked into the restaurant with my then-work crew to get a seat and a co-worker pointed to a guy in the corner with two darling kids, eating a "Cookie Monster" dessert. Jeff was a single dad at the time...and every time I bumped into him from then on out, he was always tending to his kids...bending down to tie their shoelaces, taking them to swim lessons, making crock pot dinners. I was very taken with this very tender-hearted man and thought whoever left him was crazy! Now that I'm married to Jeff I'm even more enthralled with what a fabulous father he is and now I get to experience his sweet heart--and sweet tooth--firsthand.

No comments: