Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


The flu slammed our family pre-Thanksgiving so I apologize for my absence in cyberspace! Here's a snapshot of the kids on Thanksgiving Day. Jeff was in heaven as we celebrated the holiday weekend with his extended family. I don't know anyone on earth who loves his family more than my husband. He could play game after game with his brothers 'till kingdom come. Meanwhile, my idea of holiday heaven is being locked away with my husband on a tropical island, enjoying his company without interruption.
I fell in love with Jeff around this time of year three years ago...what really drew me to him was his sacrificial love for his children and family. Little did I know I'd be signing up for an indefinite amount of snowy winters once we said "I do."
This is always a difficult season for me because I'm thousands of miles away from home. I broke out in tears last night, begging Jeff to let me move back to Hawaii. I don't know if I can handle another winter storm and I long to be with my loved ones. But my husband is a loyal family guy to the core, which I both love and hate. He can't imagine moving away from his kids until they're off to college.
I love Jeff enough to make this sacrifice for now...but let me tell you, I'm counting down the days 'till Max turns 18! Then I'll be saying so long to snow for good!

No comments: