Saturday, December 12, 2009

365 Reasons Why...


37 years ago my husband wailed into the world. I'm forever grateful that my in-laws met, made, and raised such an incredible man. No one makes my heart sing like Jeff does. No one makes me laugh harder or drives me crazier, either.
Jeff restores my faith in men every day. He's so good-hearted, faithful, and FUN!
The two little loves of his life concur. Max and Delaney decorated a can entitled "365 Reasons Why We Love You," and inside they wrote on several slips of paper reasons why they appreciate their dad, so when he's having a bad day he can pull out a slip of paper and get a little lift.

I was kind of surprised by some of the things they wrote:
"You don't let us eat junk food all the time like some dads do."
"You tuck us in at night and give good hugs and kisses."
"You take time to do devotions with us."
"You play games with us."
"You're funny and teach us magic tricks."
"You love the Lord and take us to church weekly."
And my personal favorite:
"You married Catherine." (And no, I did not make them write this)!
Happy Birthday, honey! You are well loved, admired and adored!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Catherine, you should keep that last comment for days when you are down :)