Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Caroling


For some, it's an ancient and honored tradition. For others, it's a lesson in public humiliation. (Just kidding). My mother-in-law had the best of intentions when she tried to round up the family to go Christmas caroling in her neighborhood. Delaney's been begging to go and she didn't want to disappoint her. All the guys refused to participate--even my husband, who just hours before entertained a thousand church go-ers in an Elf costume! Go figure...

In any case, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law led Max and Delaney in singing "Joy to the World," "Silent Night" and "Away in a Manger" to some friends in the area...all of whom were pretty surprised when they opened their doors. No one wants to hear me sing, so I snapped photos instead!
My precious niece (who Jeff affectionately nicknamed "Beezus") kept belting out "Jingle Bells." She stole the show.
Have you gone Christmas caroling lately? I often think of it as a vanishing holiday tradition in this day and age.

No comments: