Sunday, December 6, 2009

J.Elf


No, you're not delusional. You really are looking at a picture of Jeff in an Elf costume! He read announcements in church decked out in elf gear for comedic effect. Delaney's squeal when he walked out on stage was priceless. My family's overdosing on holiday cheer this weekend. As I write this I'm blasting Amy Grant's Christmas music while the kids are tangled in Christmas lights...they're decorating our little Charlie Brown tree and poking fun at ornaments from Christmases past.

This holiday season I'm especially grateful for the dear friends Jeff and I have made over the years. We spent all of Friday and Saturday night gift swapping, playing games, and enjoying the company of a close group of friends we've treasured over the past three years. These friendships have enriched our lives beyond measure...But I can't say the same thing about the gifts we get at our annual "Goodwill Swap." Jeff brought home two large, ceramic Chinese lions which he proudly displayed on our fireplace mantel...to my chagrin! Seriously, if anyone wants 'em, send me an email before I take them back to Goodwill! Happy Hot-Chocolate Sipping, everyone!

No comments: