Friday, July 3, 2009

Pottawatamie Day II


This vacation is looking up--way up! Jeff and I snuck out of the "resort" this afternoon and headed to St. Joseph's just 10 minutes away. It's the most darling town with quaint shops, ice cream parlors and cafes. I was in heaven! We had a lemon shake-up and a coffee ice cream cone at "Cabanas."

Earlier in the day, we took the kids to the beach. At least that's what they call it down here--it's really a lake with a stretch of sand. Max teased his cousin that bull sharks could be lurking in the waters. Maybe that's true! The kids had a ball. It was a nice sunny day with clear blue skies and a pleasant breeze. Jeff's a little sun-burned but it was fun. I relaxed in a lounge chair and started on my bible study.

So, I'm sitting here on the sand, working on my Beth Moore bible study, "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" while listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller CD on my iPod. How does that compute? I'm fighting off a headache now...it's hard to take a nap in these cabins with the sun shining brightly and the smell of sunscreen wafting through. Hope you're enjoying your 4th of July wherever you are!

No comments: