Friday, July 24, 2009

Chris & Conrad Visit


The singing duo "Chris & Conrad" surprised Scott & I with a visit this morning. What a treat to hear them perform "Lead Me to the Cross" live! It gave me chills...and their upcoming single, "You're the One" is especially beautiful, like a love song to our Savior. I asked Conrad what inspired him to write the lyrics and he explained that he was so overcome with emotion for his wife, it naturally spilled into his writing. But in the song-writing process, it dawned on him that Lord shows him love that's infinitely greater than the love he shared with his wife. What a powerful realization and great inspiration for another tune that's sure to be a hit.
These guys made my morning...and were my bright spot in a day that included a bleak dentist appointment. Oh, why do we need to have teeth? They just cause problems! Apparently, my teeth are soft and I have a ton of cavities despite my incessant brushing and flossing. Just my luck!

No comments: