Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Games We Play


I've learned to appreciate playing games since joining my husband's family. Jeff especially enjoys visiting his grandparents in the summer and playing a card game called "pinochle." Have you heard of it? I'm terrible at it, but got lucky this weekend with two runs and "double pinochle." I wish my family played more games with us when we were growing up. We didn't do much except sit around the television together, which fails to facilitate conversation or connection. Nowadays the kids are really into a card game called "skat." I hear it's the most popular card game in Germany...you should look it up and try it with your kids sometime. Some people like to play with dice...we like to play with chocolate chips and whoever wins gets the whole pile. Pretty sweet!
Jeff & I are enjoying lots of game nights with our friends this week since the kids are away at Camp Good News! They were so excited to leave...and Jeff & I are excited to get some quality alone time together to unwind.

No comments: