Friday, July 3, 2009

Big Family Vacation '09


So I've always wondered what hell was like. Now I know. It's the Pottawatamie Resort in Michigan. Here's a snapshot of my beauty of a bedroom where the mattress is brown and the curtains are see-through. So guess who wakes up at the crack of dawn? They gave us a thin towel-like material for a blanket so I was cold all night...and felt dirty inhaling the musty air of the cabin walls.
And check out this bathroom! Apparently, this is what $2,000 will get you for a July 4th weekend in Michigan. I feel most badly for my mother and father-in-law who are picking up the majority of the tab. The website is really misleading--now I'm a crusader who wants to warn people to steer clear of this place!
But alas, the heart of this vacation is really spending time with one another. As I speak the kids are happily swimming with their Aunts, Uncles, and cousins...Delaney had a sleep-over last night with a cousin she rarely sees, and in this snapshot Jeff is playing a game with his youngest brother, Peter, who he only sees every other year. It's been great to reconnect with Peter and Kira, who live in Seattle and don't get a chance to come up for a visit. So, the nightmare of this place aside, it's still nice to have family bonding time.

No comments: