Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Girl's Day Out


I enjoyed a pretty sweet girl's day out with Delaney this afternoon! I picked her up from rehearsal and we drove to Washington to go to Holland's Mercantile. I was in heaven! So was she. What a fun hang-out for kids and adults alike. It's like stepping into a candy store in the 1960's...you'll find Wax Lips, Charleston Chews...every imaginable candy you ate as a kid...and best of all, they even pick out the marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal--you can scoop them out and buy 'em by the pound. Brilliant! There's even a kid's store in the back with magic tricks, sock puppets, ant farms...you name it, they've got it! For lunch Laney had nachos, chocolate ice cream, and a Pepsi. I also ordered shaved ice with Blue Raspberry syrup. I highly recommend this outing for families! I can't wait to go again and try their frozen hot chocolate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great blog. You should contact the bizymoms Peoria community to get your blog featured to their large mom community. I am sure they would love to read your posts.

There is a form on their expert page, http://www.bizymoms.com/experts/index.html