Thursday, July 30, 2009

Marriage Advice


I cherish this photo above all the snapshots Jeff and I have taken in the (nearly) two years we've been married...Not only because I enjoy the way my hair looks (I can't remember the last time I've been to the hairdresser's!)...but because it captures the passionate intensity I so value in our relationship. I've always felt very emotionally and spiritually connected to my husband...We've had our shares of ups and downs...And our situation is anything but easy...But I will never love anyone more than I love Jeff. This morning our listeners called in with marriage advice. One woman said as her father walked her down the aisle, he reminded her that "love is a decision. It's not a feeling." Another guy called and said during an argument, you should "attack the problem, not the person!" Ummm...that's easier said than done! And finally, one woman called and said her marriage was horrible until her husband initiated praying with her daily. Only then did her marriage turn around. I concur with all the advice above and plan to take it home tonight to my hubby!

No comments: