Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Breaking Free


Talk about a one-two punch. When I gave up coffee in hopes of hearing more from God, a sweet co-worker gave me the devotional book, "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. It's been a real eye-opener in challenging me to surrender strongholds in my life that are keeping me from pursuing an abundant relationship with the Lord. Giving up my addiction to coffee has made me physically weak and that's brought a lot of spiritual weaknesses to the surface. I certainly don't want to be shackled to addictions, whether it's to a substance or a negative pattern of thinking or a behavior that does a disservice to the core relationships in my life. I'm learning more and more that life is a work in progress and we can choose to stay static and not allow the Lord to help us work on our "stuff" or we can do the hard and prayerful work of purifying ourselves to be used most effectively by God.

No comments: