Friday, March 13, 2009

Laney Got Her Ears Pierced!


Today I rushed back from the Hearts at Home conference to see Laney get her ears pierced at Claire's. She's been begging for this as long as I've known her. Jeff didn't think she was ready for it last year but this year we all felt that Laney had grown into a fairly responsibly young lady who is well equipped to take care of herself and she deserves to have her ears pierced if she wanted it so much.

It was fun to watch her reaction while holes were being punctured in her earlobes. I remembered going through the same thing when I was about her age. The difference is that I squeaked when I got my ears pierced but Laney didn't say a word. She said the second puncture kinda hurt, though.

Delaney decided on white gold and cubic zirconia earrings...She's a little young to get diamond earrings, so the fakes will suffice until maybe her Sweet 16! She's growing up so fast. Just the other day I was looking through pictures of the kids. They're about a head taller now than they were two years ago, when I first entered their lives.
On Monday's morning show we'll be talking about rites of passage at 6:41. Do you remember any as a kid...or are your kids going through them? We'd love to hear from you.

No comments: