Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Like You Mean It


I can't believe I blogged about my silly paint-job but failed to talk about the Weekend to Remember marriage conference. Jeff and I had the privilege of attending the seminars for a second time this year. As always, the love letter project we completed was the most powerful part of the weekend for both of us. We were instructed to respond to the following questions in the form of a love letter to our spouse:
1. What were the qualities that attracted me most to you when we first met?
2. What qualities do I appreciate most about you since we've been married?
3. How have our differences helped me grow spiritually and emotionally?
4. What steps will I commit to take to love God and you more?
I wish I could share with you verbatim the beautiful words that Jeff wrote me...After a year and a half of doing life together as a married couple, our love has grown and deepened in spite of--and sometimes because of--the challenges we've endured. After that conference, I committed to deepening my personal relationship with the Lord so that I can draw from the greatest source of love and strength to be the best wife for Jeff. I also need to work on my ability to forgive--something that comes easily for my husband but not for me. Marriage can be an isolating experience if we fail to grasp God's perspective on the difficulties of the most intimate relationship we could ever be blessed with. But I do believe if you're faithful to the Lord and commit to never walking out on your spouse no matter how hard it gets, you will be blessed beyond measure.

No comments: