Monday, March 16, 2009

A Family Affair


With Sharathon underway tomorrow, I thought it'd be wise to cook enough dinner on Sunday to last a couple of days. My mother-in-law's recipe for spaghetti and meatballs is just about the only food item our family of four can agree on...plus it lasts for days and my husband doesn't get sick of the leftovers. While I was cooking, Max offered to help me make the meatballs. He screamed, "The meat is cold!" when he stuck his hands in to mash the ingredients together.

It was fun to cook with Max. It took a little longer than if I did it alone but I think it's good to have the kids help in the kitchen. I had no idea Max enjoyed cooking so much. I should include him more often in my dinner preparations. Do you have any family favorite recipes your kids love? I'd love to hear them...I'm always on the lookout for good recipes.

My husband is an ultra-picky eater...here he is browning the meatballs (something I hate to do)...He and I both like spicy ethnic food, but it's hard to cook in a way that pleases both him and the kids. Sometimes I end up making multiple dishes. If it were up to me and Jeff, we'd eat seafood, stir-fry or pasta just about every day! I just got a free subscription to "Taste of Home" and am eager to experiment with new recipes once Sharathon wraps up!

No comments: