Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Picture Day!


I love my husband's creative spirit. Yesterday Jeff rushed home from work eager to gather up the family to take photos in the Warehouse district in Peoria. We're sorely lacking family photos in our home and Jeff is enthused about a tripod he recently purchased. I reluctantly agreed and changed out of my glasses and sweatpants. Well, I should've taken a closer look at the forecast--it was so windy, what on earth was I thinking wearing a dress?

Winds felt like they were gusting at 25 m.p.h. The kids were grimacing. I nearly gave Delaney a concussion...Jeff had me hold up a dilapidated door. As soon as he let go to rush towards the camera as the wind knocked it down, I screamed and Delaney escaped from under me just in time. I still have a bruise on my side thanks to that door...and Laney said her head ached.

Max wanted to take pictures of me and Laney, so this is a snapshot from him.

Jeff took some photos of the kids playing with the wheelbarrow. I thought this snapshot was kind of cute.

I have a feeling we'll be returning to downtown Peoria to take more photos. These didn't turn out the best...the sun was coming down and it was freezing...we weren't color-coordinated. And we should probably bring an actual photographer with us next time. Are there any good spots to take pictures around Peoria that you know of? Let me know!

No comments: