Sunday, March 8, 2009

Repainting


I'm lucky my husband is so laid-back. On Friday I was thinking of how much I hate the awful yellow color in my kitchen. So I decided to head to Lowe's after work, purchased a gallon of hot pink/red paint, and I drove straight home and painted a layer of bright red coating all over the kitchen. Mind you, I didn't discuss this first with my husband. We've been a little stressed out over our housing situation. He's been trying to sell his place for three years to no avail...and this housing market is so awful. If I have to live here for a while longer, I definitely need to make some upgrades. My house is so drab. I'd like it to feel more youthful and colorful...I want the walls to scream HAPPY to encourage a better mood. So that's why I decided on red.
After getting over the initial shock of seeing the walls another color, Jeff helped me paint a second a third layer of paint tonight. My friends think I'm lucky Jeff is so permissive! I really am sometimes.

No comments: