Friday, March 27, 2009

Dare 2 Share


Jeff and I could really use your prayers today. We're heading to St. Louis in mid-afternoon with a bus packed with 100 teenagers! I'm sleep-deprived already, so I can't imagine how I'll feel tomorrow morning when the alarm sounds early for the Dare 2 Share conference. I'm sleeping in a hotel room with six middle school girls! Scott & Jeff are rooming together with a couple of boys.
The mission of "Dare 2 Share" is to energize and equip teenagers to know, live and share their faith in Christ. Statistics show that 2 out of 3 Christian teens will leave the church once they graduate high school. I wish I could've attended a conference like this when I was a kid. I think it would've helped me to avoid some pitfalls in my college years.
Anyway, I'm not sure what this experience will be like. We've not really worked with teens before...I'm kind of anxious about the experience and just pray that Jeff and I have supernatural patience and just enjoy interacting with the kids...and that we don't lose them when we canvass the streets of St. Louis!

No comments: