Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scoop-a-li-cious


When I was a little girl and I had a hard day, my grandpa would take me to Baskin Robbins and buy me a "clown cone." It's basically a scoop of ice cream attached to an inverted sugar cone, decorated like a clown with ribbons of colorful frosting. Today I felt my energy lag in the afternoon, having dealt with a stressful mishap (blended family life is truly a mixed blessing)...so instead of heading home after work as I normally do, I decided to pop in at our local Baskin Robbins and buy myself a clown ice cream cone. I sure needed the sugar rush and pick-me-up! It was kind of embarrassing to take it to the counter--the woman asked if I was buying it for my child! But it brought a smile to my day...remembering fond childhood memories...and adults memories.
For my 25th birthday, Jeff ordered clown cones for my birthday party's guests when he hosted a BBQ at his home to celebrate. It was really sweet of him to remember my favorite childhood treat.
Now I'm heading to the Riverfront for a long walk. Doesn't the weather feel like spring? I hope you do something to pick yourself up in this beautiful day!

No comments: