Saturday, February 28, 2009

Date Night


Thanks for all of your suggestions for a cheap date night! There were some great ones...but Jeff and I took the pricier route on Friday. Jeff wanted to return to the restaurant he took me to on our very first date--it's a place called "Seven on Prospect" in Peoria Heights. We had an unbelievable time...and our bill was pretty unbelievable, too! I highly recommend the stuffed portobello mushroom for an appetizer and the steak fillet with three sauces was amazing. We also ordered seared tuna (shown in the picture) and for dessert--a creme brulee trio! That was the best!
It was fun to return to a place where we created such fond memories before the daily grind of life took over. Our minds scrolled back to that sweet day and the talking points during our first date conversation...I remembered thinking, "This guy has the sweetest heart in the world." I still feel that way.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I love all the cute, yummy, and yes, pricey restaurants in the Heights! Date nights rock.