Saturday, January 3, 2009

Salsa dancing


For a couple of hours tonight, I was transported to a new culture and burned a few calories thanks to the rhythms of SALSA DANCING! We had TOO MUCH FUN taking a lesson and dancing with our friends Michael & Crystal. Jeff & I have two left feet while our friends are old pros, so they swung us around the dance floor to teach us a few moves. Why on earth haven't I done this before? I was mesmerized by the beauty of the dance...and for the first time in a long time, I forgot I was in the Midwest--it felt like being back in Boston, a multi-cultural city with lots of urban flair. I'm so excited about this experience, I just want to encourage all of you to get out on the dance floor, too! You couldn't be worse than me and Jeff! Try the merengue--it's practically fool-proof!

No comments: