Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Burberry


I was hysterical during the morning show today when Scott didn't know what "Burberry" was! (BTW, don't feel bad if you don't). I just grew up knowing it's the creme of the crop in fashion...you'll find a store in just about every city...although I could never afford anything in there! It was right around the corner from me when I went to school in Boston.
Do you see the pattern to the left? This is the distinctive "Burberry tartan pattern" that's been widely imitated by companies selling scarves, purses and clothes.

Burberry is a British luxury fashion house that makes clothes and perfumes way out of my price range! But I was thinking of buying a knock-off purse because I love the pattern so much! A lot of girls I know have this bag...and I'll bet most of you have seen it around in department stores...but I'm a Kate Spade girl myself. Do you know what THAT is, Scott? :)

4 comments:

Scott Wheeler said...

Hey Cat...what is "tartan?"
Scott

Morning Show said...

Oh, Scott! You're lucky to have me around. Tartan, my un-cultured co-host, is a pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colors. Tartan is particularly associated with Scotland.

Rachael said...

I heard this conversation this morning (and I was laughing right with you Catherine!) I'm interested to know whether you did go out and ask the other guys whether they knew what Burberry was?

Morning Show said...

Hi there!
Yes I did ask other guys if they knew of Burberry and the yes/no response was split 50/50! I feel bad for perhaps responding like a snob. You have to understand, I went to college just a block from Burberry so it was very much a part of my world!