Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pumpkins galore


Pumpkin season's in full swing. Max was given the school assignment of decorating a pumpkin...Of course I thought, "Let's make it a Hawaiian pumpkin!" Palm trees for eyes...flowers for hair...a lei for a smile. I MISS HAWAII!!! I get terribly homesick this time of year. I can't wait to go back home. I'm excited that my parents are coming in from Hawaii next week for a few days. Now I've gotta think of how to entertain them. Maybe pumpkin picking at an orchard?

Speaking of pumpkins, I actually had fun walking in the Morton Pumpkin Festival. I was dreading it because I fear public speaking and the thought of waving to thousands of strangers as I passed by with the 91.5 WCIC station van made me break out in a sweat. But my mother-in-law and cousin-in-law (pictured w/me) graciously agreed to walk by my side for moral support. Thanks, ladies! It was also nice to see our wonderful listeners enjoying the festivities and cheering on their support. You guys are the best!

No comments: