Thursday, September 3, 2009

Handbag Heaven

Anyone who knows me understands that my heart skips a beat when I see a good handbag. Florence is the mecca of leather and you can find beautifully crafted, genuine leather items for a price that you can't beat in the states. Hustlers sell hundreds of handbags, belts, wallets--you name it--everywhere you turn on the streets...My husband says I can pick just one, so my indecisiveness is driving him crazy! Hmmmm...Jeff is napping now as I type this, so maybe I'll sneak out and get a purse!

I just had to snap a photo of the best pasta I've ever eaten. It's called "black truffle fettucine" and it's amazingly decadent. Apparently, Florentines like to dress up their pasta with black truffle oil--I wanted to purchase a bottle to bring back to the states but it's about $30 dollars for just a few ounces, so I decided against it!

Jeff and I eat a very light lunch so that we can splurge a little at dinner. With all the gelato and pasta we're consuming you'd think that we'd gain weight on this vacation but I think I'm actually losing weight. My pants are loose. I wish I tracked our walking with a pedometer. I'll bet I walked more in the past week than I've walked all year! This is my favorite picture of Jeff, lying splat on the ground in Siena Square. It's been a tiring but wonderful time...We want to hop on a runaway train and not return to the states for another year!

No comments: