Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ciao from Venice!

Some people love lighthouses...others love monuments...but I love bridges. So I've fallen in love with Venice where delicate and small Renaissance bridges interweave throughout the city. It's pure magic, like stepping into a postcard. I was afraid the City of Love wouldn't live up to the hype but it actually surpasses it. The bridges crossing the Grand Canal are so spectacular, it's impossible to take a bad picture. The photo I posted isn't the best but I'm in a rush with very spotty Internet connection so I chose the first picture that popped up! We also toured Murano Island yesterday, renown for its gorgeous glass...Jeff and I watched a glass master make a stallion. It was perfecto!
It's our final day in Italy (sniff, sniff). We enjoyed a wonderful adventure...I'm not ready to go home but Jeff sure is! I laughed hysterically last night when Jeff announced, "I'm ready to get back to my 9 to 5 job. My every day life is more relaxing than this vacation!" It's true...we've trekked miles a day on foot and it's exhausting to interpret another language and culture. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. It was the greatest adventure of our lives so far.
I'll c-ya soon back in the states! We (sadly) leave before the sun rises tomorrow morning.

No comments: