Monday, June 15, 2009

Six Flags Fun!


Every year I tell my family, "This is the LAST TIME we're going to Six Flags!" But I've been saying that for the past three years so they don't believe me anymore!

I'm grateful that Max is still too small to go on the big roller coasters like Superman because that gave me a chance to sit out the scary rides and take Max on relaxing rides like the carousel. I've never seen a carousel like this one: it was a double decker. We also rode the bumper cars and went to Cartoon Town to ride the baby roller coasters! It was a lot of fun! I'm a huge fan of the Six Flags in Gurnee, Chicago. It's a lot bigger than the one in St. Louis.

And of course, what would a trip to an amusement park be without cotton candy...and nachos? Yum! What a lunch! Laney needed to relax after the head rush she experienced thanks to the million roller coasters Jeff dragged her on. I'm not a huge roller coaster fan. I'm more a fan of the water rides...and the Hurricane Harbor Water Park, which was awesome! I'm sunburned all over my body thanks to lounging for hours near the wave pool. The kids couldn't get enough of the water. Speaking of which, the newest ride of Six Flags is Buckaneer Battle, an interactive water ride. Here's a little video clip of Jeff trying to soak the kids on a pirate ship.


1 comment:

Amy L Brooke said...

I've actually never been to Six Flags, but I grew up in OH and went to Kings Island. Fun! But my guess is it probably had more appeal then than now.