Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chicago Trip '09 Part 1


It was truly a weekend to remember in the Windy City. Our trip will have to be a blogging two-parter because we packed in so many activities! When we finally pulled up to Shedd Aquarium (after an hour of searching for parking on Saturday), Delaney could hardly contain herself.

She kept squealing, "I can't believe we're gonna see sharks!" She was in heaven in the Wild Reef exhibit but I personally loved the dolphin show. And for the past nine months the beluga whales have been staying in Connecticut while they renovated the Polar Play area so they just unveiled it a few weeks ago...and gosh, they're gorgeous creatures.

I was impressed with the Polar Play Zone. The kids loved touching the urchins and starfish, watching the otters roll around and play, and seeing the new penguin exhibit. They also got to dress as penguins and open up eggs. I took a little video footage of that but frankly, it's 10pm and we just rolled into Peoria 30 minutes ago so I'm too tired for that!

But lastly, I've got to share a picture of Laney and me at American Girl. Is that the best store in the world, or what? I wanted a doll myself. It was the only time on the trip I wished Jeff wasn't there because I would've gone crazy! When I was a little girl I read American Girl books and loved the characters (especially Samantha who I think bears a striking resemblance to Delaney) but I never imagined an entire collection of dolls, clothes, a hair station, restaurant, movie theater, etc. dedicated to American Girls! We're definitely returning...Ok, that's it for now but I'll post pictures from our Six Flags adventure tomorrow! I've got to get some sleep since I've getting up for work in just six hours!

No comments: