Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


Normally I'm not a fan of holidays like Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc. but I'm happy to give my husband the honor he deserves this weekend as a tremendous dad to Max and Delaney. I've never met a father who's so invested in the physical and spiritual well-being of his children. What impressed me most about Jeff when I first met him was his instinct to protect and love his kids at all costs. I sometimes call him "Mr. Mom" because he's a better father than many moms I know...A lot of times Dads get a bum wrap, especially in the court system. But times are changing. Guys are expected to be more involved, to show up at school and sports activities, and to be more communicative and affectionate with their children. I always remind Max and Laney they should appreciate having a father who loves them so much. If I had that same relationship, I think I would've made much better choices in my life.

No comments: