Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dress-up time!


I get such a kick out of Delaney...she's always been a tomboy but lately she's been expressing interest in "girly" things...like pretty earrings, summer dresses, and the other night she tried on my high heels. (BTW, I just love my shoes! I haven't bought a new pair in ages and it's incredibly painful to wear...but worth it). I love that she still plays with her dolls, too. The other night she was thrilled when I told her we're taking her to Shedd Acquairum in Chicago in a couple of weeks for a mini-Staycation...but then she asked, "Can we go to American Girl afterwards?" I think it'd be so fun to have tea and mini sandwiches with our dolls!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you can go - do it... Kind of pricey but my daughter and I would not trade that in the world tea with the dolls... what we did was instead of a "kid party" I took the money she would have spent on that and did the review, tea party and then she had about $85 to spend on whatever she wanted... it was fun watching the math skills working hmmm if I buy this I cannot get this - she is 13 now and we did this at 10 and she still talks about it!!