Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Tree of Christmas Past


It's December 6th and we FINALLY put up our Christmas tree...As the kids hung ornaments on the tree Jeff grew up with as a kid, I noticed that nearly all of the ornaments were engraved with, "Jeffrey, 1972." Not only is this artificial tree ancient...all the ornaments are, too! I'm officially calling this THE JEFF TREE. As precious as this hand-me-down tradition is, WE DESPERATELY NEED AN UPGRADE!!! But knowing my thrifty husband, we'll have this tree until we're old and grey.

1 comment:

Steve said...

If you want to be thrifty, plan for the future. My wife and I are having our first family Christmas with our first born, and we decided to get a tree. We went ahead and got a small cheap tree on sale now, and we're going to wait until after Christmas to get the real big Christmas sales (like 50% off or more) on the trees and ornaments.