Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Here's a picture of all the kids in my family--Max and Laney along with my most beautiful nieces! Even though Jeff & I live only 15 minutes from his parents' house, my husband wanted to spend the night in his childhood home and wake up with his Mom making breakfast. After opening presents and enjoying a yummy lunch, we played board game after board game. It was a dream day for my husband...the kids were thrilled with their gifts, and I enjoyed spending time with extended family. But I've gotta say, it was a tough day for me because I was so terribly homesick for my parents and siblings who are an ocean away. It's just not the same to connect by phone. But I realize to be with my husband means denying my dream of being with my family and soaking in the sun...I'm trying to make the most of it. My new goal is to create a New Year's resolution to find more joy in life to get out of the winter doldrums! Any ideas? Email me!

No comments: