Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ms. Christmas


Seeing Amy Grant & Vince Gill in concert tonight ranked up there with my trip to Israel as one of the greatest experiences of my life. Amy looked and sounded better than ever, belting out tunes like "Jingle Bells," "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," and of course her classic "Breath of Heaven." She is grace & beauty personified. Gorgeous. Gracious. Godly. And FUNNY! She and Vince cracked some zingers. And I was really touched by how much they unabashedly adore each other. Vince kept commenting on how much he loved to hear his pretty wife sing and Amy was in awe over his sweet-sounding voice. Their love brings hope to blended families everywhere!
More than anything, I left the concert longing to get in touch with the little girl buried deep down inside of me who dreamed big about pursuing life with a passion but let some dreams die in taking on the daily grind of life and added responsibilities. I want to find that girl again and live life to the fullest. Thanks for the dose of inspiration, Amy!
Below is a little clip of the lovely duo singing "Tennessee Christmas."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW! You are so lucky to see them! I haven't seen Amy since her divorce, but when I was little (this shows how OLD I am) my parents always took us to Estes Park outside of Denver, CO to 'Jesus in the Rockies'. One year, they were featuring a 15-year old girl named Amy Grant in her first concert with only a guitar in her lap to accompany her amazing voice (I was either 6 or 7 years old) and as soon as I saw her up there with her guitar, I wanted to be just like her, but on the piano!! She sure has come a long way!! Aloha, Lisa (love the pics!!)