Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Pageant


It's the most wonderful...and BUSY...time of the year, between Christmas programs, concerts and parties...I can hardly catch my breath! On Friday, Jeff & I attended the kids' Christmas pageant at our church. This year, Delaney had a singing solo and I think we were all nervous about it because Jeff can't carry a tune (my ears ring when he praises the Lord beside me in church)! But Delaney did a wonderful job--she looked pretty nervous but her angelic voice sounded throughout the church and we were proud of her.

Max played the role of a shepherd...Jeff and I heard them practice their lines so many times, we've committed them to memory ourselves! I still remember Max's lines from last year's Christmas program "And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks by night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone all around them and they were so afraid" Luke 2:8-9. In the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it's a good reminder of what the season is truly about.

No comments: