Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jeff!


I think Scott and I get along well because he reminds me of my husband in the fundamental ways: He's a great husband & father. (Read the blog post below)!
36 years ago today, my husband, Jeff, wailed into the world. He's simply the most precious thing I've ever laid eyes on and hands-down, slam-dunk the greatest example of integrity and fatherhood I've ever known. He's pictured here on the left making me dinner because I was too tired to slide off the couch!

I just want to shout about Jeff's godly character from the roof-tops sometimes. It's a source of frustration when people see us out with the kids and assume that because I'm much younger than Jeff that he left his first wife to be with me. Quite the opposite is true! He was always faithful to his family, never wanted the divorce, and our paths crossed many months after his divorce was final. I loved hearing Selah sing the song, "Bless the Broken Road" because it sums up our life together beautifully. We've traveled a beaten path to be together and it's still tough at times to navigate the complications of a blended family, but it's really an honor to be cleaved to a man as honorable and loving as my husband. Happy Birthday, honey!

No comments: