Saturday, November 29, 2008

Windy City Weekend


How ironic that after Scott's praise of my prolific blogging, I've been out of the cyber-loop for days! Sorry! I whisked my husband away for a Thanksgiving weekend in Chicago. He banned me from blogging because he wanted me all to himself! We relished every second spent together. Jeff & I are just embarking on our second year of marriage, but sometimes with the stressful reality of a blended family, never-ending bills, and just plain life, we need to escape and pretend that we're newlyweds. This weekend felt like a second honeymoon...we returned to our life in Peoria recharged and rested...gosh, did I say REST? :) This picture was taken in front of one of Macy's interactive Christmas displays--it was the ONLY time Jeff smiled along the Magnificent Mile. Don't worry--his hand tightened around my wallet so I actually didn't spend a dime on Black Friday!

I love Chicago because of the many characters milling around. People watching is the best in a big city. I found a couple decked out in Medieval period clothes in front of the Art Institute. They were hilarious...and spoke Old English. I just HAD to get a snapshot with them. Speaking of a throwback to old times, Jeff and I saw the play "The Brothers Karamazov." I finally understand the book I was assigned in high school way back when!
I hope your Thanksgiving was full of love & laughter! I also hope you had better luck than I did on the busiest shopping day of the year.

No comments: