Wednesday, November 19, 2008

True Love


Here's a picture taken of me and my hubby on our wedding day--September 17th, 2007. The phone lines were on fire this morning when the talk turned to love. Does the honeymoon last well beyond the first year of marriage? Popular wisdom says no...but a new study says YES! I was tickled pink when Scott's better-half, also known as the Amazing Susie, called in to say their love is even stronger 25 years after saying "I Do." Scott agreed, saying the secret to keeping their union strong is lots of laughter...along with celebrating the silliness of the other person. (Boy, I'm sure glad someone finds Scott dancing with his dog amusing! I find that rather...well, let's just say my doll obsession pales in comparison to doing the fox-trot with my pet!).
Hmmmm...if laughter's the glue that seals the deal for marriage, Jeff and I are on the right track. Above all, my husband prioritizes fun and family togetherness...he's the only guy I know who can rival Scott in the sense of humor department! He is hands-down, slam-dunk my soul's companion. We believe the couple that PRAYS and PLAYS together...STAYS together.
--Catherine

No comments: