Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tween Fashion


"Look at me!" squealed Delaney. As she twirled and sashayed towards me, I caught the price tag in my right palm. Thirty-nine ninety-nine? It's just a wisp of a thing. Not to mention the crazy expensive designer jeans--FOR A TEN-YEAR-OLD! "Puh-leeeeze?" she asked. "I've been gooood!" I can't believe this is the same little girl who made fun of me for liking nice things...She inherited her father's mantra that "used but not abused is just as good as new." But now she's changing her tune. She's just shy of eleven but I'd say she's officially a tween-a-donna.
I took her shopping yesterday...I'm playing "single parent" some nights as Jeff and Max rehearse their play daily since it premiers in mid-March. I like to call it rehearsal hell. It's a logistical nightmare trying to work out Max's schedule since he lives part time in another city. I don't know how on earth we'll pull this one off. Lots of prayer, that's for sure!

No comments: