Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart Healthy


Seeing photos of myself circa 2007 made me realize I need to lose weight! So does my hunk of a hubby. Here's a tacky snapshot of our wedded blitz to Vegas...man what I would give to fit in that dress again! So tonight Jeff and I did what I never dreamed we'd do together: we blasted through Jillian Michaels' "30-Day Shred" DVD. Yes, she's that scary personal trainer from the Biggest Loser. We panted through butt kicks, ab crunches, jumping jacks...you name it! Nothing says romance like bicycle reps.
Jeff and I have committed to helping each other get healthy again. I'm on a slippery slope to letting myself go after marriage. Delaney reminded me the other day that I used to be "such a fancy person." WHAT HAPPENED?! I got too comfy, that's what! I hooked my man and I've got a great job that doesn't show my face. To some degree it's been healthy to shift my focus away from my appearance but I don't want my husband and kids to have a slob for a wife and mom.
I'm gonna make more of an effort to look a littler nicer and get my husband in heart-healthy shape...but first I need to treat myself to some cornbread and cookies after my turbo workout!

No comments: